Buy Smart. Don’t Overfill Your Cart #Enough4All
In-Store Social Distancing Best Practices
Employee Verification Letter Guidelines
Suggested information to be included in employee verification letter:
- Include company letterhead and contact information
- Name of employee, if reasonable to include
- Name of company
- Clear statement that the employee is deemed essential
- Language that the individual is authorized for business related travel
- If possible a contact number that law enforcement can call if they feel a need to verify the letter’s authenticity
- You may want to include a reference to the CISA memorandum of essential workers as part of letter
“Workers supporting groceries, pharmacies, and other retail that sells food and beverage products, including but not limited to Grocery stores, Corner stores and convenience stores, including liquor stores that sell food, Farmers’ markets, Food banks, Farm and produce stands, Supermarkets, Similar food retail establishments, Big box stores that sell groceries and essentials”
Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
The CDC has released its best practices for environmental cleaning and disinfection of community facilities. While these recommendations are targeted to businesses with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases, they are also likely useful for those of you working to proactively ensure the health and safety of your store teams and customers.
Coronavirus Resources and Preparedness Checklist
Our partners at the Food Industry Association (FMI) have created a coronavirus preparedness checklist for retailers. The information included is based off of advice from the CDC and draws from industry experiences during previous viral outbreaks.