CA Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
This webinar outlines key components of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), discussed the Attorney General’s enforcement efforts, and examines how the Act aligns with the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA).
June 24, 2020
COVID-19 Impacts on Workers’ Compensation
Since the coronavirus pandemic began, many employers have been wondering about their potential liability if employees contract COVID-19 in the workplace. On May 6, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom directly addressed this question by issuing Executive Order N-62-20.
The Executive Order creates a rebuttable presumption that an employee’s COVID-19-related illness arises out of and in the course of the employee’s employment, thereby triggering the application of workers’ compensation coverage, if certain requirements are satisfied. This webinar will outline the Executive Order and what it means for California employers focusing on the following key questions:
- Why is this rebuttable presumption important, and how does it change existing standards for workers’ compensation coverage?
- When will the rebuttable presumption apply?
- How can employers rebut the presumption?
Presenter: Liz Stallard, Downey Brand LLP
June 11, 2020
PPP Update: Loan Forgiveness and Finance Alternatives
For many small business owners, the highlight of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) is the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), a forgivable loan program designed to keep employees on the payroll. This webinar will focus on two topics:
- Informing CGA members who have qualified for a PPP loan on how loan forgiveness is calculated as well as highlighting related documentation.
* Loan background & forgiveness with related examples
* Tax implications including federal income tax and payroll tax provisions
- Other finance alternatives for CGA members who did not receive a PPP loan.
* Main Street Lending Program
* Other Capital Sources
Presenters: Stephen Redmond, Frank Kaufman, & Eric Krienert, Moss Adams
**Disclaimer: The information presented in this webinar was current as of May 27, 2020. Due to the volatility of the this issue, CGA members are advised to contact an accounting professional to determine current requirements for loan forgiveness.
June 2, 2020
Impacts of Governor Newsom’s April 16 Executive Order
This webinar addresses the ramifications of the order and best practices for retailers implementing its requirements, including:
- Cal/OSHA Guidelines
- Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
- Moratorium on Reusable Bags & Recycling Laws
Presenters: Louie Brown & Ann Grottveit, Kahn, Soares & Conway, LLP
May 12, 2020
Learn everything you need to know, as an employer, to implement the new FFCRA.
April 30, 2020
Workplace Safety & Understanding Cal/OSHA Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
CGA and the CGA Educational Foundation have partnered with Ogletree Deakins to create a webinar covering workplace safety challenges and issues related to COVID-19.
April 17, 2020
What grocers need to know? Peter Stockburger from the law firm Dentons LLP to take us through a deep dive of California’s Consumer Privacy Act.
February 25, 2020