Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Events & Sponsorship, this newly created position is responsible for providing organizational, logistics and sponsorship support for the Association’s event programs. This energetic team player will contribute to the operational and financial success of various programs including the Association’s Lobby Day, Golf Tournament and two annual conferences. The Events & Sponsorship Coordinator will benefit from on-the-job training and opportunities for increasing responsibility based on merit.
1. Work with the Senior Director and other management to execute best-in-class Association events and achieve annual goals.
2. Solicit and service exhibitors for annual conference including initial outreach, facilitating contracts, acting as on-site contact and providing outstanding customer service.
3. Serve as first point of contact for prospective sponsors, explain benefits, send appropriate materials and follow up.
4. Communicate regularly with the Senior Director and other management on the status of a variety of sponsorship and registration initiatives.
5. Serve as event registrar and maintain attendee records in member database.
6. Manage the process of tracking annual agreements, document partnership deliverables and create effective year-end sponsorship reports.
7. Serve as a member of the Marketing Department team, provide marketing support to events including website updates, collateral distribution/mailing and follow up communications.
8. Represent the Association at events with sponsors, exhibitors and vendors, as required.
9. Organize and coordinate staff travel for events and meetings.
10. Serve as support for office telephone coverage.
11. Accomplish other duties as assigned by the Senior Director.
- Minimum 2 years college course work in business, English, communications or related subject or 3 years relevant work experience.
- Experience or familiarity working with events and coordinating multi-faceted meetings or events.
Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines while being highly organized.
- Professional, outgoing & energetic personality and strong background in delivering outstanding member service.
- Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including strong ability to communicate with a variety of audiences including board members, staff members and vendors.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed to facilitate events.
- Valid California Driver’s license with proof of insurance
- Position requires independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities.
Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time.
- View computer monitors
- Standing for community functions, presentations, trade shows, etc.
- Travel to other locations to represent CGA (5% – 10%)
Work is performed in a corporate office environment.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this job.
This position is a full time, 40-hour a week position that pays $32,500 – $37,000 a year and eligible for up to 5% annual bonus.
The California Grocers Association provides medical, dental, vision and chiropractic insurance for the employee and eligible dependents, and life insurance for the employee. The Association also provides a generous 401(k) program.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Lesley Hall.