The California Grocers Association, a statewide trade association representing the food industry since 1898, seeks a Membership Marketing Manager.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Business Development & Marketing, the Member Development Manager is responsible for expanding the Association’s member initiatives and promoting the benefits of Association involvement among existing & prospective companies in the retail grocery industry.
This energetic marketing professional will oversee the creation, promotion & delivery of various member programs, crafting regular, customized and compelling membership communications and initiating member outreach through in-person appointments and using traditional, electronic and social media. This position is also responsible for integrating communication activities across various departments of the organization to assure continuous, comprehensive and brand-supportive messaging. Other responsibilities include database mining, providing exceptional member service and regular reporting to senior management.
- Work with the Vice President and other senior management to identify and develop membership opportunities that align with the CGA’s objectives and achieve annual goals.
- Achieve revenue goals for the Association through annual membership retention & recruitment campaigns and promotion of Association events.
- Outreach to and educate members and prospective members about the role of the CGA and the impact of membership on their business.
- Provide outstanding customer service managing the membership services functions for existing members including maintaining accurate member database/contact information, annual invoicing and executing member benefits to assure strong renewals.
- Communicate with the department Vice President and other senior management on the status of a variety of membership and sponsorship initiatives.
- Prepare regular status reports.
Represent the CGA with members at social events, conventions, openings, and galas, as required.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Business Development & Marketing.
- Minimum 4 year college degree in business, marketing, communications or related subject
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience preferably working in a trade association or membership environment
- Outgoing & energetic personality
- Position requires excellent understanding and demonstrated experience with social networking and electronic mediums (web, twitter, facebook, youtube & linked in)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines and tasks while being highly organized
- Strong background in delivering outstanding member service
- Computer literacy including familiarity with membership database management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills in both a group and one-on-one setting
- Ability and willingness to work hours that exceed a typical Monday through Friday 40-hour work week, as required
- Valid California Driver’s license with proof of insurance
- Position requires independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities.
Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time.
- View computer monitors
- Standing for community functions, presentations, trade shows, etc.
- Travel to other locations to represent CGA (5% – 10%)
Work is performed in a corporate office environment.
The California Grocers Association provides medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents, and life insurance for the employee. The Association also provides a generous 401(k) program. The annual salary will be commensurate with experience.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this job.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Stacey Swett at [email protected].