CGA Seeks Office Receptionist
Posted in CGA News | December 20, 2017
The California Grocers Association is a statewide trade association representing the retail food industry since 1898. CGA represents approximately 300 retail members operating over 6,000 food stores in California and Nevada, and approximately 150 supplier companies. Retail membership includes chain and independent supermarkets, convenience stores and mass merchandisers.
This position is created to perform general office administration functions, serve as an assistant to the President & CEO and association Senior Vice Presidents, provide general administrative support to all departments within the California Grocers Association, including the Government Relations Department. The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Government Relations & Public Policy.
1. General organization and maintenance of office environment including front office, storage spaces (on site and off) conference room(s), kitchen, copy/production room;
2. Answer and manage multi-line phone system;
3. Greet association members, visitors, and guests to the office;
4. Prepare outgoing mail and packages and sort/distribute incoming mail;
5. Prepare and distribute various CGA publications (hard copy and/or electronic);
6. Assist in preparation of meeting folders for CEO & SVPs;
7. Assist in filing and records upkeep (non-confidential) for CEO & SVPs;
8. Prepare and distribute Retail Marketing Service (RMS) Board Meeting minutes;
9. Assist with posting information to CGA Facebook page and web site;
10. Serve as back-up for property manager activities at 1005 12th St. property;
11. Manage registration and assist in materials preparation for CGA/CGAEF seminars and meetings;
12. Assist with assembly and mailing of membership renewals;
13. Provide clerical support for CGAEF Scholarship/Career Development-Tuition Reimbursement programs and CGAEF events;
14. Create and distribute daily legislation tracking reports (incl posting to CGA web site);
15. Create and maintain legislative bill and/or local ordinance files;
16. Schedule legislative meetings on State and Local level;
17. Basic research regarding State and Local legislation;
18. Assist in managing grassroots calls to action and State and Local grassroots events
1. At least two years of employment in a retail or office setting with a focus on customer service activities.
2. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
This position does not supervise other personnel.
Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended time periods:
- View computer monitors
- Standing at CGA/CGAEF functions and events
- Travel to other locations to participate in CGA/CGAEF meetings and events (maximum 20%)
Work generally performed in a corporate office environment in downtown Sacramento. Some CGA/CGAEF events and meetings conducted at locations around California, generally in hotel settings or golf courses outdoors. Some travel required, occasional overnight travel.
The California Grocers Association provides medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents, and life insurance and long-term disability for the employee. The Association also provides a generous 401(k) and profit sharing program. Parking in downtown Sacramento provided. Generous sick, vacation and holiday schedule.
The salary for this position is $16 per hour, or commensurate with experience and credentials. This is a non-exempt, hourly position with an average of 40 hours of work per week.
The above information in this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this job.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Senior Vice President, Government Relations & Public Policy Keri Askew Bailey. No calls please.