CGA Hiring Manager, Advertising/Sponsorships
Posted in CGA News | January 4, 2019
The California Grocers Association is a non-profit, statewide trade association representing more than 400 retail members operating more than 8,000 food stores in the western United States and approximately 250 grocery supplier companies. Since 1898, CGA has represented the California food industry and is recognized as the industry leader in the areas of government and industry relations, education and communications.
The nation’s largest state grocery association seeks an enthusiastic self-starter to drive the organization’s revenue-producing, industry relationships. Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Events & Sponsorship, this newly-created position will be responsible for maintaining and expanding Association revenues through the solicitation of advertising and sponsorship sales. Responsibilities include soliciting advertisers for the bi-monthly California Grocer magazine & weekly e-newsletters, selling sponsorships of annual conferences, networking, advocacy and fund-raising events, and developing comprehensive annual partnership agreements.
This energetic contributor will also assist in identifying new opportunities for CGA growth and enhance the operational and financial success of established partnerships by providing exceptional customer service and excellent follow-through.
1. Work with senior management to identify and develop advertising and sponsorship opportunities that align with CGA’s objectives.
2. Prospect and solicit new leads, assess client objectives, develop proposals and deliverables, make presentations, finalize contracts and oversee the execution of agreements.
3. Manage the Association’s print and electronic advertising program. Oversee client management including maintaining accurate member database/contact information, and managing insertion orders, ad material trafficking and payment.
4. Solicit and service sponsors for annual conferences including initial outreach, contract facilitation, invoicing, collection, building meeting schedules and on-site management.
5. Manage the process of tracking annual agreements, documenting partnership deliverables and creating/maintaining monthly reports.
6. Work with senior management/marketing team to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals and uncover new revenue opportunities and assure all commitments are being executed.
7. Represent the Association at industry events and trade shows to engage prospective sponsors, exhibitors and advertisers, as required.
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated and comfortable with generating outbound sales calls (including cold-calls), chasing down leads, conducting face-to-face meetings, and making sales presentations.
- Minimum 2 years college coursework or 3 years relevant work experience specifically in a sales capacity.
- Experience or familiarity with working for a non-profit trade association.
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and develop long-term relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines while being highly organized.
- Professional, outgoing and energetic personality with a strong background in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Proven independent judgment in the course of completing overall responsibilities.
- Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including strong ability to communicate with a variety of audiences including Association members, industry executives, staff and vendors.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Valid California driver’s license with proof of insurance.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE TEAM
- CGA is the nation’s premier state grocery trade association with a rich 120-year history.
- CGA serves as the sole source for California-related grocery industry news. Grocery retailers, suppliers, wholesalers and brokers turn to CGA to learn what’s happening in the grocery industry.
- Work with many of the nation’s largest CPG companies.
- CGA culture focuses on risk taking and creativity with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Tremendous sales potential. California grocery is a $72 billion industry – rated No. 1 in the nation – creating tremendous opportunities for prospecting and developing new advertising/sponsorship streams.
- Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time.
- View computer monitors
- Standing for community functions, presentations, trade shows, etc.
- Travel to other locations to represent CGA (5% – 10%)
Work is performed in a corporate office environment.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this job.
The California Grocers Association provides a generous compensation plan including salary and annual bonus for achievement of established goals. CGA’s benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents, and life insurance for the employee. The Association also provides a generous 401(k) program.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Jennifer Gold, firstname.lastname@example.org.