Manager, Advertising & Sponsorships
The nation’s largest state grocery association seeks an enthusiastic self-starter to drive the organization’s revenue-producing, industry relationships. Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Events & Sponsorship, this newly-created position will be responsible for maintaining and expanding Association revenues through the solicitation of advertising and sponsorship sales. Responsibilities include soliciting advertisers for the bi-monthly California Grocer magazine & weekly e-newsletters, selling sponsorships of annual conferences, networking, advocacy and fund-raising events, and developing comprehensive annual partnership agreements.
This energetic contributor will also assist in identifying new opportunities for CGA growth and enhance the operational and financial success of established partnerships by providing exceptional customer service and excellent follow-through.
- Work with senior management to identify and develop advertising and sponsorship opportunities that align with CGA’s objectives.
- Prospect and solicit new leads, assess client objectives, develop proposals and deliverables, make presentations, finalize contracts and oversee the execution of agreements.
- Manage the Association’s print and electronic advertising program. Oversee client management including maintaining accurate member database/contact information, and managing insertion orders, ad material trafficking and payment.
- Solicit and service sponsors for annual conferences including initial outreach, contract facilitation, invoicing, collection, building meeting schedules and on-site management.
- Manage the process of tracking annual agreements, documenting partnership deliverables and creating/maintaining monthly reports.
- Work with senior management/marketing team to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals and uncover new revenue opportunities and assure all commitments are being executed.
- Represent the Association at industry events and trade shows to engage prospective sponsors, exhibitors and advertisers, as required.
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated and comfortable with generating outbound sales calls (including cold-calls), chasing down leads, conducting face-to-face meetings, and making sales presentations.
- Minimum 2 years college coursework or 3 years relevant work experience specifically in a sales capacity.
- Experience or familiarity with working for a non-profit trade association.
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and develop long-term relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines while being highly organized.
- Professional, outgoing and energetic personality with a strong background in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Proven independent judgment in the course of completing overall responsibilities.
- Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including strong ability to communicate with a variety of audiences including Association members, industry executives, staff and vendors.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Valid California driver’s license with proof of insurance.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE TEAM
- CGA is the nation’s premier state grocery trade association with a rich 120-year history.
- CGA serves as the sole source for California-related grocery industry news. Grocery retailers, suppliers, wholesalers and brokers turn to CGA to learn what’s happening in the grocery industry.
- Work with many of the nation’s largest CPG companies.
CGA culture focuses on risk-taking and creativity with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Tremendous sales potential. California grocery is a $72 billion industry – rated No. 1 in the nation – creating tremendous opportunities for prospecting and developing new advertising/sponsorship streams.
- Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time.
- View computer monitors
- Standing for community functions, presentations, trade shows, etc.
- Travel to other locations to represent CGA (5% – 10%)
Work is performed in a corporate office environment.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this job.
The California Grocers Association provides a generous compensation plan including salary and annual bonus for achievement of established goals. CGA’s benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents, and life insurance for the employee. The Association also provides a generous 401(k) program.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jennifer Gold, email@example.com.
This position will serve as the first line of contact for CGA members, prospective members, affiliated entities, customers, service providers, and the public. The position serves as support staff for all departments within the organization. The position ensures the efficient and effective operation of office functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Functions include:
- Answering and managing multi-line phone system, including directing calls and operating office voicemail system;
- Greeting members, guests, and visitors to the office;
- Preparing outgoing mail and packages along with sorting and distribution of incoming mail;
- Managing and procuring office supplies for common staff use;
- Maintaining common areas of office, including kitchen; and
- Clerical and other support for CGA events including annual Strategic Conference, Board meetings, and various Committee meetings.
Support for Individual Departments Includes:
- Events Department
- Processing event registrations for select CGA and CGAEF events;
- Providing support to CGA and CGAEF events.
- Government Relations Department
- Tracking Senate and Assembly bills and uploading documents to bill tracking program;
- Printing and collating documents;
- Distribution of materials in State Capitol; and
- Maintaining event RSVPs and event day support for lobby day activities; and
- Performing administrative functions associated with political accounts, including GROPAC and IEC, and political events.
- Educational Foundation
- Providing clerical support for scholarship/Career Development-Tuition Reimbursement programs; and
- Communications Department
- Production and mailing of periodic CGA publications and electronic communications.
- Administration Department
- Assist Director of Administration with property management tasks;
- Assist Director of Administration with some IT tasks relating to set-up and maintenance of user profiles;
- Assist Director of Administration with events including Lunch & Learn program and staff morale activities; and
- Assist Director of Administration by providing support for CEO calendaring, travel arrangements, and preparation of meeting materials; and
- Preparing Board Books for distribution prior to CGA Board meetings.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Association databases, specifically Imis, is preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to answer questions, present solutions and suggest efficiencies;
- Ability to understand, organize and improve current procedures and tasks;
- Ability to self-direct and self-manage diverse workload in a busy statewide trade association;
- Ability to establish and execute project timelines and prioritize tasks;
One year of experience in a related field is required.
Work is generally performed in a corporate office environment in downtown Sacramento. Infrequent travel to CGA/CGAEF events throughout California.
The California Grocers Association provides medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and life insurance and long-term disability insurance for the employee. The Association also provides eligible employees with a generous 401(k) and profit sharing program along with paid sick, vacation and holiday time. Parking in downtown location provided.
The position is non- exempt, 40 hour work week. Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
The information provided in this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications required of employees in this job.
Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- View computer monitors;
- Sitting at a desk;
- Standing for CGA/CGAEF events; Infrequent travel to other locations within California, to support CGA/CGAEF events.
This position does not have direct reports.
To apply, please send resumes and cover letters to Jennifer Gold at firstname.lastname@example.org.