Director, Digital Communications
The Director of Digital Communications is responsible for enhancing the Association’s digital communications strategies through the development and deployment of original content that engages readers across a variety of platforms. This individual will create, publish and distribute communications to a variety of audiences including association members, industry trade partners, media, consumers and government officials.
The Director of Digital Communications will utilize digital tools including web, customized e-blasts, social media and video to produce comprehensive, meaningful content in a unique voice and style that communicates complex issues in a cohesive way, and able to effectively utilize analytic tools to capture and benchmark the effectiveness of original content with the goal of increasing audience engagement and improving open/click through rates, and executing promotional campaigns that deliver marketing objectives.
Under the direction of the SVP, Marketing & Business Development, and in collaboration with senior leadership, the Director of Digital Communications determines and executes numerous electronic communication strategies and campaigns to support all facets of the Association. Responsibilities include:
- With an emphasis on digital methods, serve as writer, editor and producer of communications including developing original content, integrating visual design, constructing story ideas with consistent voice/style, and monitoring audience engagement
- Oversee the production and distribution of weekly e-newsletter, bi-weekly video series, regular website updates, event promotional campaigns and periodic alerts.
- Remarket and redeploy content across mutilple platforms.
- Expand the Association’s social media presence including Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Assist all departments (Government Relations, Communications, Membership and Events) in developing strategies and editorial copy in support of association activities, issues, etc.
- Marshal the resources and coordinate the efforts of industry professionals to provide input and direction on the Association’s communication objectives.
- Working with SVP, Marketing & Business Development, develop strategies and oversee implementation of various marketing projects.
Candidate must possess the following abilities and experiences:
- Candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field, and have a proven minimum 5-year track record of content creation.
- Avid and confident writer as evidenced by ample experience producing articles, press releases, promotional copy, blogs, etc.
- Demonstrated clear and persuasive writing style that informs, educates and influences others.
- Experience translating complex issues into cohesive and engaging editorial copy.
- Possess extensive knowledge of major web and social media platforms, including analyzing marketing metrics, and assess against goals (ROI and KPI).
- Possess exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Ideal candidate will have exposure or interest in public policy, or the legislative process.
- Working knowledge of design programs including Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Be an enthusiastic, self-starter with an innovative mindset that desires to make other members of the team better.
- Be able to think creatively and act assertively.